Tuesday, November 23, 2010

KUDOS FOR FLASHES

"I have to say that I have never read "flash" fiction before. I wasn't sure exactly what I would find.

Inside the pages of this book were many short stories, but not the kind I was use to reading. It took me a little bit to sink my teeth into them, but when I did I just let myself go and enjoyed.

The stories are wild and wacky, scary and secretive, magical and free. Many make no sense to the natural realm, yet pull at the imagination within you and beg you to fly away with them. Others tenderly pulled on my heartstrings, and some made me giggle. Yet others held a hint of true sadness. It was like a smorgasbord of many delicious treats that beckons you to partake.

Different, fresh and inviting. Thank you Julie for sharing."



Shirley Johnson/Senior Reviewer

MidWest Book Review

1 comment:

  1. From start to finish, Flashes From the Other World opens your mind to magical realism at its best.

    I loved this book and highly recommend it.

    Think we will hear much from this author in the future.

    ReplyDelete