Sunday, October 18, 2009

OVERCOMERS, INC



IT IS ALWAYS A JOY TO WORK WITH NIKKI LEIGH AND KATHLEEN GAGE ON BOOK TOUR! They have shown the power of the internet and social networking in bringing top quality books to the forefront of reader's attention. What is great is that this is all done without the BIG BOOKSTORES who have dominated authors and their works. The following information about a wonderful new book is timely with regard the issues that face us all. Help this book reach #1 on Amazon and, while you are at it, claim some great prizes!

Overcomers, Inc: True stories of hope, courage, and inspiration will give readers the knowledge and emotional resilience to face the most difficult times of life by sharing inspiring stories of triumph.
You will find this a book of diversity. There are many authors, from many walks of life. However, they all share a common bond. They triumphed over tragedy and gleaned wisdom in this process. While this is not a religious book, there are stories full of faith, of many kinds and flavors. It is funny how in your darkest times, faith often becomes your brightest light.
All of the contributors to this book want to encourage you to hold tight to your belief that a better day will come. It is their sincere desire to pass along what they’ve learned through their own trials, to make your journey easier.
To get your own copy and receive dozens of bonus gifts go to http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch
BOOK EXCERPTS

Believe in miracles and be willing to receive the gifts that are offered.
Martha-Lee Bohn
When a volunteer asked me one Sunday night, “What should I do with the hundred pair of shoes I have in the car?” I didn’t know what to say. Overwhelmed with a long list of things to do, I said nothing, hoping he was pulling my leg. When he repeated it, saying that they were brand new children’s shoes, I knew he was serious.
I called a church member who is an elementary school teacher and told her about the shoes. She responded, “Oh my God, Martha-Lee. You are an answer to prayers. I’ve been sitting here praying for shoes!”
Working at a low-income elementary school, she manages the “clothing closet” donations for the kids. On Friday, a barefoot boy had come to her asking for shoes. She had no shoes, but she promised him she’d have a pair for him on Monday. It was Sunday night, and she had no shoes for him. I told her to please stop praying!
Consider when something feels like an unexpected burden, it may just be that God is using you to answer someone’s prayers! Choose to believe that coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.

Second Chances
Kathleen Gage
I don’t remember when things began to change, but I do remember many a night when my parents would tell me how worried they were for my safety and plead with me to change my ways. I turned my gentle spirit to that of a harsh teenager who grew more distant and angry with each passing day.
I seemed to look for the roughest people I could find to hang out with and call my friends. It wasn’t long before I was getting in trouble at virtually every turn and watching my life quickly spin out of control. What began as a fun way to live soon became a self made prison. And yet, like with any prison, I didn’t know where to find the key to release me.
There were countless times I prayed to a nonexistent God asking for help. “I promise I will change my ways.” For years the promises were empty pleas until one day I got a glimpse of where my life was and where it could be if I were willing to make much needed changes.
I wake up with gratitude on a daily basis because I was given a second chance to turn my life around. I realize I may not always be given another opportunity to change anything in my life and how important it is to be in resolve each and every day.
I feel truly blessed that with my mom and dad, I was given a second chance - one I am not willing to take for granted. I love you mom and dad. Always have, always will.

From Overcomers, Inc.; True Stories of Hope, Courage and Inspiration. To get your own copy and receive dozens of bonus gifts go to http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch

Over 90 top authors, industry experts, coaches and visionaries are supporting 38 contributing authors by donating nearly $6000 in life changing bonus gifts., including e-books, audio and video downloads, reports, special event offers and more. http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch
Among these supporters are Dr. Wayne Dyer, leader in the field of personal transformation, Best-selling author of Excuses Begone!, Chris and Janet Attwood, renowned authors of the recent bestseller, The Passion Test: The Effortless Path To Discovering Your Destiny, visionaries, leaders and authors including Dr. Joe Rubino, David Mathison, Alexis Martin Neely, Erin Blaskie and over 85 others.
On October 22, 2009 anyone who buys the book through Amazon.com through this special link http://www.overcomersbook.com/booklaunch will received dozens of bonus gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Phil, for your generous and thoughtful comments about the book Overcomers Inc. As one of the 38 authors who contributed to the anthology, I can say that it has been very touching and inspiring to see the book come together. These true life stories are among the very best I have ever read - heartful, stirring, potentially life-changing and transformative.
    The book is a GIFT and a testimony to the brilliance of the human spirit. Something to treasure and return to again and again.
    Nelie Johnson

    ReplyDelete